Sept. 28 Dale P. and Kevin M. lead a ride along the famous 49 mile Scenic Drive through San Francisco and hitting many of the highlights of our lovely city.
- Quick tour of the beautiful SF City Hall
- Cable Car Museum
- Coit Tower
- Musee Mecanique at Fisherman’s Wharf
- Lombard St. squiggles
- Fort Point
- Golden Gate Bridge
- Several attractions in Golden Gate Park
- Twin Peaks
- Embarcadero (including peeking in through the right field fence at the start of a Giants game to wrap up the day)
- All the beautiful points (and some rather mundane ones, unfortunately) in between
Make no mistake, parts of this ride were quite challenging and not for the faint of heart. Challenges included numerous cable car, trolley and train tracks, several hills, traffic congestion, lots of “rusty” tourists riding rental bikes and gawking, etc. The route was roughly 49 miles, with 4000 ft or so of elevation.
This was a sightseeing trip, as well as a lovely bike ride and many of the stops were shorter than a visit you might make to say the Cable Car Museum.
You will find the ride report here